1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Word 97: Send To Email Recipient, Win 2000 w/ Groupwise 5

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by MelanieB, May 8, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MelanieB

MelanieB Thread Starter

I want to send a Word97 document via Groupwise5 (in Word File, send to, recipient) and it won't let me. I keep getting an error "The form required to view this message cannot be displayed. Contact your administrator." I click on OK and then I get: "Word couldn't send mail because of MAPI failure: Unspecified error."

I think we used to be able to do this when we ran Word97 on Windows 95, but since we upgraded to Win 2K we can't seem to get the send to function to work properly. Our tech support people say "As of right now we can't do this on the Win 2000 computers. It has to do with the Mapi spooler. You will just need to attach the document in Groupwise."

Does this sound right to you? Will this problem be resolved once we upgrade to Office 2K?

2. Gurnerworld

Gurnerworld

I may be barking up the wrong tree here, but I think this is to do with Microsoft's latest attempts to protect us all from virus attacks.

In Windows 2000 (and Outlook 2000 with SP2) the approach taken is a 'total clampdown' on attachments which has a number of unwanted side affects. One of these side affects is to disable the ability to Send To another mail recipient from within your applications.

If this is the problem, then upgrading to office 2000 will not solve the problem and I'm not sure what will. I have seen people with fixes for NT when Office 2000 SP2 had been installed, but not for Win 2000.

If nothing else, I hope this provdes some clarification.

Good luck.

Michael Gurner
    Brainbench MVP for MS Excel
    http://www.brainbench.com

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/43569

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice