1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

word 97

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by lelle68, Sep 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lelle68

lelle68 Thread Starter

Hi all,

I got a problem on our network since we changed our old netware 5.x server to new hardware, new name netware 6.5. The problem is word templets *.dot files that we stored on the old server, when we moved tho docs and the templetes to the new server (with new name) and remowed the old server it seems that word is seeking for the old server forever before timing out, this only happens to document created on the old server with dot files stored on file server, if you do a cut and paste from a old document to a new created with the same templet but stored on the new server it works like a charm. Anybody got any ide how to solve this for +40k word socuments

cheers

/Lelle

2. MFDnNC

MFDnNC

Tools Options File Locations - Give the correct path

3. lelle68

lelle68 Thread Starter

Thats not the problem, new files got the right settings from the templets located on the network (and the settings in word is updated and right), the problems is olders docs created with a templet pointing to a server that is no more. I will test a solution from a coulege of mine and add a false nds entry for the old server pointing to the new servers ip address, will see if that works

cheers

Lelle

4. lelle68

lelle68 Thread Starter

Hmmm, I can see at least one typo in my last reply. NDS should be DNS off course.

regards

Lelle

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/273856

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice