1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Word and Excel (2010) does not open unless you open through the program

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by JGMC, Nov 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JGMC

JGMC Thread Starter

Couple of issues here.... help!

1) When I am in Gmail (email) and want to open a word doc or excel and try to open it by a click (internet explorer) it opens of the window that comes with the computer to "buy" or ... so I have to save on the desk top, open word or excel then open the document through the software.

2) When I am in Gmail (email) and want to open a word or excel document in (Chrome) it opens a little window which ask if I want to open, save or open/save and where to save it. If I press open another window opens and ask if I want to open it now.

How can I just click on the word or excel document from gmail or anywhere and it just open up instead of opening up the program to open within?

Thank you ahead of time!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1076065

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice