Word and Excel Configuring

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Bloved

I've read several posts about this problem but mine doesn't get solved with the answers given (or I can't understand the directions). I open either Word or Excel (all other office programs work fine) and I get "Do you want to allow the following program to make changes to this computer?" If I click yes, then it goes into a lengthy configuration process. If I click no, it takes a while but does open finally. If I already have these programs open and open a new sheet thru the program itself, then it is fine as well.
I am using these as the administrator. I do not have other versions on my laptop. I have Windows 7 and Office Professional Plus 2010. I don't want to uninstall and reinstall the program because I,m not sure about my product key.
Any suggestions? Thanks!!

Bloved-
Welcome to the Forum. I would recommend
A) Start Word or Excel with your installation DVD in the drive. There is a chance the installation was done with those programs tagged to Install on First Use. If that is the case, this will resolve the issue.
or
B) Performing a repair on your current installation, it does sound like Office knows something is missing. This does not involve your Key. This will not uninstall Office.
Open Control Panel
Choose Uninstall a Program (no worries)
Locate your Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010 in the list
Left Click it once to select it
From Menu above (Organize Uninstall Change) Select Change then Repair.
System will reboot when complete.
Let us know & Good Luck.

Bloved

I did the repair and reboot but it still wants to install and configure....I did find my product key but I only have 2 out of the 3 discs available.
Anything else? :eek:

Is there any other Office Installation if you look at Uninstall Programs ( just look). PC may have come with Student (for example) which may need removing before 2010 can be installed.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online