1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Word and Excel Configuring

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Bloved, Jan 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Bloved

Bloved Thread Starter

I've read several posts about this problem but mine doesn't get solved with the answers given (or I can't understand the directions). I open either Word or Excel (all other office programs work fine) and I get "Do you want to allow the following program to make changes to this computer?" If I click yes, then it goes into a lengthy configuration process. If I click no, it takes a while but does open finally. If I already have these programs open and open a new sheet thru the program itself, then it is fine as well.
    I am using these as the administrator. I do not have other versions on my laptop. I have Windows 7 and Office Professional Plus 2010. I don't want to uninstall and reinstall the program because I,m not sure about my product key.
    Any suggestions? Thanks!!

2. 20_2_Many

20_2_Many

Bloved-
    Welcome to the Forum. I would recommend
    A) Start Word or Excel with your installation DVD in the drive. There is a chance the installation was done with those programs tagged to Install on First Use. If that is the case, this will resolve the issue.
    or
    B) Performing a repair on your current installation, it does sound like Office knows something is missing. This does not involve your Key. This will not uninstall Office.
    Open Control Panel
    Choose Uninstall a Program (no worries)
    Locate your Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010 in the list
    Left Click it once to select it
    From Menu above (Organize Uninstall Change) Select Change then Repair.
    System will reboot when complete.
    Let us know & Good Luck.

3. Bloved

Bloved Thread Starter

I did the repair and reboot but it still wants to install and configure....I did find my product key but I only have 2 out of the 3 discs available.
    Anything else? :eek:

4. 20_2_Many

20_2_Many

Is there any other Office Installation if you look at Uninstall Programs ( just look). PC may have come with Student (for example) which may need removing before 2010 can be installed.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1086348

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice