1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

word and excel exchange data

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by R. Lynn, Oct 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. R. Lynn

R. Lynn Thread Starter

I am using Word (from Office 10) to print addresses on postcards using mail merge. The data source is from Excel (from Office 10). The problem is that out of 89 postcards about 13 names and addresses are missed. It does not appear to be a pattern the printing just skips some. I can go back and select those that were missed and they will print. Whats going on here? Is there a solution?

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

If you are merging to a document, thenm printing that document, are the "missing" ones missing from the document?

It could be that the printer is skipping some random pages, even though they exist in the merged document.

I have had this issue, and it was related to the printer port setting (parallel port needed to be ECP/EPP in BIOS). It never happened on smaller print runs.

3. R. Lynn

R. Lynn Thread Starter

It is not skiping random pages, rather random names. The names are part of the data because I just go back to the list and uncheck all the printed names and make sure the unprinted ones are still checked.

4. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Try merging them to a document, not to the printer.
    Then see if they are all there. You don't have to print the document.
    That might narrow it down to being a transfer to the printer problem, or something more esoteric.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/170570

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice