1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

word as email editor

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Paynesmanor2, Feb 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Paynesmanor2

Paynesmanor2 Thread Starter

I tried to set up word as the email editor, however when I try to open a email to send. I get a error message, "this form requires word as your email editor", but word is either busy or cannot be found. I have word, Its in my start menu programs.

I did try "In microsoft outlook click tools options and, mail format", and checked both boxes for useing word as the email editor. but when I open a email I still get the message that word cant be found..

I dont think that I am running word for anything else.. How do I point Microsoft outlook to find word?

Microsoft XP home.
    Microsoft Outlook.

Please help..

2. coachdan32

coachdan32

Did you go into IE and change it to your email client in Tools/Internet Options/Programs?

3. Paynesmanor2

I tried but still nothing.. I get the same error..

4. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

What happens when you open Word?

5. Paynesmanor2

Word seems normal.. except when I try to open the email from word. says that there is a problem with the network connection?? The computer is not on a network..

6. Paynesmanor2

ok i went thorugh mail merger. and was able to send a message to myself. however it still says that it could not load the email envelope. (thats when I click on send to from the file menu in Word.. and email still will not open with word,, I have also tried to uninstall and reinstall word, and outlook. It will send when I send to mail recipiant for review. but not just the mail reciepant.

7. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

Your last post seems to explain a different problem than your first post.
    Can you or can you not set Word as your e-mail editor? Can you click New Message and have Word as your e-mail editor?

What does mail merger have to do with this problem?
    Are you only getting an error when trying to send an e-mail from within the Word application?

8. commodore128

commodore128

I have the exact same trouble with a fresh load of Office XP.
    not only from outlook, but if I go into word and use send to or just try to start new email it says something about being unable to open mail envelope.
    I looked at three other computers in the our office (loaded with same cd) and one other has the same trouble.
    things I've tried:
    reload of office
    repair of office
    service pack
    running of ork (as suggested by a microsoft report of this same issue but for office 2000).

We do a lot of mail merging in word on this computer and we need this to work.

One side note that might be a factor because I know version conflicks can cause this. a trial version of office 2003 was on this computer when we baught it, but we never activated it and loaded office xp. Hope someone can help.

9. commodore128

commodore128

I somehow got outlook to use word as default email editor, but still can't send or start a email from word. get unable to open e-mail envelope. oddly I can use send as attachment and it will open outlook editor with word doc attached. really frustrating. any one?

10. loydclayton

loydclayton

Have you found a solution to this problem yet? I have the same problem. When I send a new message from Outlook, I get a message saying This form requires Word as your e-mail editor, but Word is either busy or cannot be found. This form will be opened in Outlook editor instead. And I too have Word and it is not busy. Word is listed as my editor.

Thanks,

Loyd:eek:

11. Krash

Krash

Uninstall the trial version of Office 2003 / Word 2003 if you havent done so yet.

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/330348

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice