1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Word, Autotext and Accept Change

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by masconomo, Jan 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. masconomo

masconomo Thread Starter

I use Word 2000 as my email editor in Outlook 2000 and a do alot of "new" Autotext additions, but when I go to a separate Word doc and use one of these Autotexts (that were saved while using Outlook) they come up in blue type and I've got to do the "Accept Change" thing to undo it. Is there anyway around this pain in the butt process.

2. PageUp

PageUp

it sounds like somewhere along the line it's applying "track changes" to these entries. when you add in the entry in the word doc - look at your status bar -- is the TRK button highlighted?

(I know this is not a solution, I am just trying to further understand.)

3. masconomo

masconomo Thread Starter

is the TRK button in a toolbar??

4. PageUp

PageUp

No, it's not a toolbar- the status bar is at the bottom of the screen - in the gray area (on the same line that tells you what page you are on). If Track Changes is on it shows up as TRK or if not it would be grayed out. You can also turn track changes on (and off) by going to Tools, Track Changes. But I don't know if this is what's causing your autotext to show up like that.

5. masconomo

masconomo Thread Starter

TRK is grayed out, and I'm not seeing how the Track Changes option will correct this problem. It looks as though the Track Changes - Accept option will only work after the autotext is used. I need a way to stop this change from happening upfront and all together.

6. md2lgyk

md2lgyk

The buttons for the Track Changes feature (five of them) are on the Reviewing toolbar.

7. PageUp

PageUp

Let's go back to the beginning - how exactly do you create the autotext entry in outlook? I've only ever created autotext within Word.

And when you say the only way to get rid of the problem is to "accept change" this is a track change function.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/538024

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice