Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

WORD. Backup didn't work; made copies instead

825 views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Technician1 
#1 ·
When I tried to put My Documents on a CD, they didn't go on it, but the software, Sonic Record, made mulitple copies in My Documents Directory!! These documents don't show up on Windows Explorer and I can't delete many at a time from the MSWord directory where they were put; only one at a time. And there are hundreds!! Everytime I tried to copy to a CD, I got more copies in the directory! Each one is labeled, "Copy of ________." So, they're all under "C" in my directory. Am waiting for an answer before again trying to copy to a CD.

#5 ·
I have Windows XP. I can't explain step by step what I did while trying to backup. I just follow the instructions on the Sonic Record screen. I have successfully backed up Quicken for months. This is the first time I have tried to backup My Documents. Thanks for helping. I will watch for your answer.

#6 ·
If you have Windows XP, then I don't understand why you are using Sonic Record just to back-up data.

Just drag-and-drop the files or folders you want to back up to the CD Drive (using Windows Explorer), a little window will pop-up advising that you have files ready to be writtento the CD.

Wait until you have all the files you want (or that will fit on a single CD) done in that manner, then click on the CD drive in Windows Explorer, and the CD drive will open up with an option to "write these file to CD".

Follow the instructions from there and it will just "happen"... without using Sonic Record.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.