Word: Cannot edit image

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

wally71

Have a weird situation. Fresh load of Office 2000 onto a Windows 98 SE machine. Is kind of an older PC, but does everything else well (Lotus Notes, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, mainframe program, browsers, etc.)

However, when working on a document, user is importing a .bmp scanned image of a signature (for a memo) and has discovered that they cannot edit the picture...no crop, no resize, no alignment changes, nothing.

Please help.

Anne Troy

Anne
Not true, I suspect something else is wrong.

Like, maybe the signature resides in the header or footer of the document, or is "behind text".

When they click on it, does it get handles on it?
Have them open their drawing toolbar, click on the button that looks like the mouse pointer, and click on the picture with that.

I'll be happy to take a look at the file.
techsupportgirl@home.com

Just a thought....

Have you checked the Tools - Options - Edit tab to ensure that the selected Picture Editor is Microsoft Word?

(Hi Dreamboat)

wally71

I'll try to get a hold of the file, but I have gotten the image to work on another PC just fine.

As for the PC in question, no handles, no right click options beyond the ordinary.

Oh, and another piece of info I forgot to mention. You cannot actually see the inserted image, it is merely a white block of space with insertion handles that can't be manipulated.

As for your suggestions Mark C, that was my original hope but that was not the problem. I'll check the drawing toolbar solution as soon as I can schedule another visit.

wally71

Ah...since this was a fresh install, I went back to the PC and started checking every little settings. Finally, in <b>Tools, Options, View</b> I turned off the <i>Picture placeholders</i> switch, which fixed the problem right away.

Thanks for assistance along the way. Just seems like one of those little nagging issues that consumed more time than it should have.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online