Word: Clip Art error

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Jpop

Hello. I had MS Small Bus Edition 2000 installed on this computer, and I've since updated to Office 2000 Premium. I've seemed to run into a snag when inserting clip art into a Word document though. It tells me to insert the SBE#2 disc, but I'm not using SBE anymore. PLUS, no matter what I do, browse a new location, etc, I can't seem to figure out what and where it wants me to look in order to find this piece of Clip Art. I'm trying to make a document for work, and I don't use clip art very often, but this is quickly becoming a confusing and MAJOR pain. Any suggestions??

Thanks!

Jason

Anne Troy

Anne
When you uninstalled SBE, you should have used Eraser 2000.

My suggestion: Just go download clipart (online clips--they have a gi-mongous selection).

My fix: Uninstall Pro, run Eraser 2000, go into the registry and get rid of anything that indicates SBE (do you know how?), and reinstall Pro.

When office is installed, it does not restore the registry entries that exist; when it is uninstalled, it does not "clean" the registry.

Jpop

Dreamboat,

Well, problem #1 is that I didn't uninstally SBE! I installed Office over it, figuring Office Prem would take over. SO, with that in mind, do I uninstall ALL of it and start over?

I see you can DL and use Eraser 2000 for a trial period. Hopefully, it'll work.

No, I have no idea how to edit my registry.

HOWEVER, I could just download clip art from the web, as little as I use it.

Thanks!

Jason

Anne Troy

Anne
You will run into other problems (no doubt) if you don't install properly.

Yes-uninstall both completely, user Eraser 2000 (there's no trial period I've ever heard of--you can download it at http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q219/4/23.ASP? Make sure you understand all the instructions and have all the files you need before you start.

I assume you bought Office Pro --- not an UPGRADE. If it were an upgrade, you would leave SBE.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts