1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Word closes immediately

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by pghshooter, Apr 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. pghshooter

pghshooter Thread Starter

MS Word 2000 SR-1 closes immediately on launch. My operating system in Microsoft XP Pro. I've removed the program and reinstalled it, restarting the system after each action. I've updated AVG and run it, then restarted the computer, but no luck. Any ideas?

2. mich2212001

mich2212001

yes, here an idea
    though, you have remove the application from your computer, you system have kept some files from old installation.
    not to worry, this can be fixed by purging all MS Office files from your system.
    • let us start with add/remove programs & remove MS Office 2000
    • click Start, Run & type regedit & OK. browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office. right click that folder & choose the delete option.
    • go to C drive, Programs Files, & delete Microsoft Office from there. (don't worry if you receive an error of some files can not be removed, will just do it after reboot)
    • if the last step gave u an error, please reboot & delete after reboot (don't open any applications or browsers)
    • reboot
    • click Start, Run & type %TEMP%, the click OK. (delete all items within the folder that opens)
    • reboot
    • reinstall MS Office 2000
    this should fix your issue. please let me know how it goes

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/815472