1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Word could not create the work file

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by bluestring, Jan 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bluestring

bluestring Thread Starter

Every time I load up word I always get Word could not create the work file. Check the temp environment variable. I have checked and changed the variable and still no luck. It is still showing up. I have also tried doing the repair reinstall and the normal reinstall and it is still showing up. If I delete the Normal.dotm temple and let it start off fresh, there would be no error. But as I exit word there would be a message saying that my global template has been changed. Now I have no changed anything once I opened word. I have disabled all the macros and add ons. I don't know what could be changing the Global template. If anyone have any tips that could help with this problem, that would be great. (y)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/788407

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice