1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Word disappeared from program list in Vista after I made a shortcut icon

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by bandit88, May 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bandit88

bandit88 Thread Starter

Mar 10, 2004
    I have Vista on a Dell Inspiron E1505 laptop. I am the administrator. I wanted a shortcut desktop icon for Microsoft Word 2007, so I opened up Start, and then the program list and dragged Word onto the desktop. Now, when any other user opens up his or her desktop, Word is not even on the program list. (I assume that each user has to set up his or her own shortcut icons.)

Word also disappeared from the program list while I'm logged on as the administrator.

Where did it go and how do I get it back? Never had this problem before with the previous version of Windows. You made your shortcut icons, but the program name stayed on the program list. Thank you.
  2. etaf

etaf Wayne Moderator

Oct 2, 2003
    you usually create a shortcut and drag that to the desktop

assuming the vista settings are the same as XP

documents and settings/all users/start menu

you need to put word shortcut back into that area under the correct group ie Microsoft Office xxxx folder
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/573438