Word Doc block

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Neolithic

Hi Guys--
I have a Word document. I apparently clicked something inadvertently and changed it to a "Read Only" Doc.
Annoying and mysterious. Can you tell me how to undo this nonsense, please?
Thanks a mil.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Right-click on that .doc file and then click Properties.

Uncheck "Read only" and then click Apply - OK.

----------------------------------------------------------

Neolithic

Okay, did what you said--"properties" It's already unchecked, and "apply" is greyed out.
A small widow has appeared telling me it's locked for editing by owner, and to click to notify to open read only copy...etc, etc.. So I'm lost.

valis

Background time. Work or personal, and where did you get it from? A lot of company docs will go out like that, but it also isn't impossible to set this locally.

thanks,

v

DaveBurnett

Account Closed
Empty the temporary folder and the office one if there is one. There is a temporary version of it lying around that Word thinks you are working on would be my guess.

Neolithic

Thank you all, guys. This thing suddenly solved itself. Remains one of the great mysteries of life, I guess.
Computers, god love 'em, are just too emotional.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online