Word document link not auto updating

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

tronic

I linked a word document in my private folder to a document in someone elses public folder. When I make a change and open the public folder I see the change. When some one else opens the public folder they do not see the change. It doesn't seem to be auto updating. Help?

tronic

Yes, the guy who owns the public folder cannot see the updates.

make sure you set up your permission role to be the owner or at least Publishing Editer

tronic

Yes I am the owner of the document. Others can see the update only after I open the target document and save/log out. I however can see changes immediately. Oh well.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online