Word documents saving as wordpad

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

susands

For some reason all the documents I write in Microsoft Word are saved as wordpad documents, not by my doing. I can open them as Word by right-clicking and selecting to open them with Word, but when I try to send a file, it's send as wordpad. I'd really like to find a way to make it stop happening and get them all back to Word!
Thanks a bunch,
Susan

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
How do you know that they are changed to Wordpad when you "Send" them?
How are you sending these these files?
and to whom?

susands

Well, they are all saved in my documents as wordpad. I send them through outlook express by attaching a file, so they show up in my email as wordpad. I sent myself a test email with documents attached and they arrived as wordpad.

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Is it the Icon or the file extension that tells you that they are now Wordpad file?
Post a screen shot so that we can see the icon and/or extensions!

If it is the icon, then you have set the extension to be associated with Wordpad.

What's the extension of this files? Is it .doc or .txt?
What's your Office version and Operating System?
I'm guessing its an association problem.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts