1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Word documents

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by smith391, Nov 8, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. smith391

smith391 Thread Starter

I had reopened my word document to continue editing I then proceeded to save as I was finished, once I pressed save I closed it down I then got a notification stating "are you willing to save the last item you copied if so it may take a little longer" I pressed ok can proceeded to close it down, to check my work had saved I went into my files, it was not in the place it should be, I have searched through each file and any place it may be but I can't find it. I've looked on the recycle bin and it isn't there either. Where has my work gone to? Any help would be appreciated. Thankyou

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    Hi smith391, and welcome to TSG.

Recent versions of MS-Word make backup copies of opened documents by default. You may be able to recover the lost MS-Word file using the methods on this Microsoft support page.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office/troubleshoot/word/recover-lost-document

If you still cannot recover the file, please let us know exactly what version of MS-Word you are using.

Are you sure about the wording of the warning message? Could it have been, "Would you like to keep the last item you copied? If so, then it may take a bit longer to exit"?

3. smith391

smith391 Thread Starter

I can't seem to find how to do any of the steps they have said, I'm not very technical, my laptop is windows 10 and yes, that was the message I had received

4. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    Neither Yahoo or Google searches could find any web pages with the phrase, "are you willing to save the last item you copied". I don't think I can offer any specific solution to a problem having a warning message only you have seen.

Someone here may be able to offer product-specific assistance in locating or recovering your missing document if you can answer one o fmy original questions.

5. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    I have seen something similar to those words when I have copied an image or lots of texts and it wants to save it on the clipboard....

Did you open it back up and check the Open tab to see the last saved file?

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1235425

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice