1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Word does not like to start up

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by donatbollonk, Jul 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. donatbollonk

donatbollonk Thread Starter

My MS word has problem. everytimes I run it by clicking start - all- program- microsoft word, it does not like to run properly.

and then it appears error message to run safe mode. I click yes, but it does not help much. anyone has idea what has happened n how to solve?
    Thanks.

2. gwtechie72

gwtechie72

Try running a search for the normal.dot file and then delete it. That file does cause some minor problems with word

3. EBSchrader

EBSchrader

Does Word open from My Documents folder? Do you have a desktop icon to try?

As far as deleting normal.dot, that might help, but you must CLOSE Word before the deletion, and then relaunch Word to allow the program to create a new normal.dot.

4. donatbollonk

No, it does not open either.
    I am trying to delete normal.dot.
    I have tried to check and repair word, so far it does not help. I ll come soon.

]Does Word open from My Documents folder? Do you have a desktop icon to try?

As far as deleting normal.dot, that might help, but you must CLOSE Word before the deletion, and then relaunch Word to allow the program to create a new normal.dot.[/QUOTE]

5. EBSchrader

EBSchrader

Normal.dot is a hidden folder. You have to authorize Search to reveal hidden folder to find all instances of normal.dot. Delete all that you find, and then relaunch Word. Try it.

6. donatbollonk

deleting the file that u suggest, it does not help too much, I have just realzied that this computer has plenty viruses. So I decided to reinstall my office.so far it runs well

7. Kitch

Kitch

Reinstalling Office might have solved the Word problem, but if the computer has plenty viruses you need to deal with them or you will surely encounter more problems.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/485067

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice