1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Word Edits disapeared

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by sidlerfy, Jan 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sidlerfy

sidlerfy Thread Starter

Hi,
    I have a problem which I can not solve. At 10:14 I opened a word document. I proceeded to type about 1000 words over 4 hours. I was saving as I was going and syncing to google drive.

Then the window just closed. When I reopened the 4 hours worth of typing had gone. The file had reverted back to 10:14 version I initially opened. I've searched for restore, backup, temporary files looked in Google all versions are at the 10:14.

However, not one for going mad when I next opened word it wanted to send extracts of errors to Microsoft. In the list was sentences that came from my four hours of typing. I know this to be unique to this file because of its content.I did manage to find one fragemnt of a temp file which had a save at 10:18 with about three extra sentnaces.

So my question is what happened is there any chance of getting back the lost typed information?

Sid

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1083715

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice