1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Word error message when files opened

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by laarp, Oct 24, 2019.

1. laarp

laarp Thread Starter

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8550U CPU @ 1.80GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 142 Stepping 10
    Processor Count: 8
    RAM: 12161 Mb
    Graphics Card: Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620, 1024 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: 903 GB (567 GB Free); D: 25 GB (2 GB Free); E: 929 GB (657 GB Free);
    Motherboard: HP, 8420
    Antivirus: Norton AntiVirus Online, Enabled and Updated

I recently deleted and reinstalled Microsoft Office Home And Student 2016. Since doing so I have been getting the following error message whenever I open a word file. "The Macro can't be found or has been disabled because of your Macro Security Settings". I can skip past it, but it is annoying and not a likely intended issue.

I pursued the issue with Microsoft and was advised that (~something about a template) that I followed to this. AVWiz2s.dotm, but I don't know what to do with it and I don't recall the steps I took to get the information originally. I get the feeling that this template may be causing more problems for users.

Added:
    This is the message I received from a Microsoft helper:
    Error Message for Word 2007 "The Macro cannot be found ...

In Word, click Office button > Word Options > Add-Ins.

Look at the list of "Active Application Add-ins",

and specifically at the ones whose entry in the Type column is Template.

Click each one in turn and write down the location shown near the bottom of the dialog.

These are the candidates for the cause of the problem.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2019
  2. laarp

laarp Thread Starter

I POSTED THIS PREVIOUSLY, BUT I FAILED TO NOTE THAT THE SOLUTION I SHARED DID NOT WORK. I ASSUME THAT IS WHY IT WAS NOTED AS SOLVED

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8550U CPU @ 1.80GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 142 Stepping 10
    Processor Count: 8
    RAM: 12161 Mb
    Graphics Card: Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620, 1024 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: 903 GB (567 GB Free); D: 25 GB (2 GB Free); E: 929 GB (657 GB Free);
    Motherboard: HP, 8420
    Antivirus: Norton AntiVirus Online, Enabled and Updated

I recently deleted and reinstalled Microsoft Office Home And Student 2016. Since doing so I have been getting the following error message whenever I open a word file. "The Macro can't be found or has been disabled because of your Macro Security Settings". I can skip past it, but it is annoying and not a likely intended issue.

I pursued the issue with Microsoft and was advised that (~something about a template) that I followed to this. AVWiz2s.dotm, but I don't know what to do with it and I don't recall the steps I took to get the information originally. I get the feeling that this template may be causing more problems for users.

Added:
    This is the message I received from a Microsoft helper:
    Error Message for Word 2007 "The Macro cannot be found ...

In Word, click Office button > Word Options > Add-Ins.
    Look at the list of "Active Application Add-ins",
    and specifically at the ones whose entry in the Type column is Template.
    Click each one in turn and write down the location shown near the bottom of the dialog.
    These are the candidates for the cause of the problem.

THIS DID NOT WORK

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Tags:

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1234707

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice