1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Word file to European format?

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by bperiod, Oct 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bperiod

bperiod Thread Starter

I have somebody asking me to re-send a word doc in European format....excuse me for being ignorant to this, but how do I do that? Thank you.

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Hazard some guesses here:

Paper size (A4)
    Date format (dd/mm/yy)

3. bperiod

bperiod Thread Starter

Those settings constitute European format? Please explain. Thank you for your assistance.

4. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Please explain you say?
    As I proffered, these are guesses.
    You have given no indication of the content of the document, as to how it may need changing, so all we can do is guess.
    We can't explain

Paper size is a concern though, as having to print on A4 when a document is formatted for US/Letter is a pain and can require a reformat. And no, its not as easy as putting US/Letter in the printer, its never used and is not widely available in some countries.

Some more guesses:

MM and not Inches
    kM and not Miles
    Litres and not Gallons

Only you could know what would be different between your country and wherever is asking for the changes, relative to whats in the document.

5. bperiod

bperiod Thread Starter

Thanks, I understand now. I thought it was some sort of setting, or version of Office. I appreciate the assistance.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/173407

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice