1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Word fonts

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by idraw22, Jan 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. idraw22

idraw22 Thread Starter

When I was upgraded to Office2000, I lost alot of my most used fonts. Word97 had alot of good fonts. Is there any way to get them back?:confused:

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

The font list for both versions is essentially the same
    http://www.microsoft.com/typography/fonts/default.aspx

To have lost default fonts you must have somehow done an incomplete install, unless your "most used ones" were never part of Office 97, but were third party add-ons.

The Fonts are not actually part of Office, but in Windows itself once installed, so it does not seems logical somehow even if they were third party fonts?

Look in Control Panel - Fonts.

3. idraw22

idraw22 Thread Starter

Don't think there's any logic involved here. The fonts aren't in my control panel fonts folder or elsewhere on the pc. And the same thing happened on my Mac. New OS, new fonts, some of the other fonts disappeared. I wonder if they like to get you to try new fonts by deleting some of your favs.Thanks for trying tho...

4. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    Do you remember the names of some of the Word97 fonts that you lost on your Windows based PC?

5. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

I have never "lost fonts" in any upgrade of Office, and I have used all versions to date.

So while the conspiracy theory sounds great, I can't buy it!

6. idraw22

idraw22 Thread Starter

So far, I've found two ... Barbedor T, and Poster Bodini. Those are missing. I have alot of docs I've written in Barbedor T. Altho Word says the font was saved in that font, the font it's showing is Geneva. I'm wondering now if those fonts came from Works. I had that on my computer a couple years ago....

7. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

That font (Barbedor T) is not part of my Word default list, I think you got it elsewhere.

Bodini MT Poster Compressed is in Word 2003, unsure about Word 2000

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/538491

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice