word formats

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Ghaleon

I've got myself into quite a problem. I had microsoft works for 2 years and open offices for 1 year, so I have a good ammount of documents saved in both formats. I recently got microsoft office and deleted works and open office because i thought that there would be an easy way to change the formats; this is apparently not true. Is there any way to get these documents to work on microsoft word short of reinstalling both applications and changing each document individualy? Thanks

Dreamboat said:
Sorry.... no. :(
Umm...bowing to your superior knowledge but am I missing something? I have Word and it can open Works documents.

After File/Open you get a box at the bottom of which is a dropdown list 'Files of type', which includes a Works option.

I don't know about OpenOffice but the 'Files of type' list also includes an option to 'recover text from any file'. I've used this before and it worked...sure, you lose the formatting which is a pain, but at least you can recover the text.

Anne Troy

Anne
It depends so much on versions, surreal2. If he can't open them, I assume we're talking incompatible versions. Short of buying different versions or having someone open them for him... and given his question:

>>short of reinstalling both applications

I still see the basic answer as "no".

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts