Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Word forms - copying and pasting

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  greendai 
#1 ·
Hi there

Last year I created an Appraisal form that we use at work for about 500 people. It's a Word protected form with form fields set in a number of seperate tables

For this year, I need to add a function that allows a user to open up last year's form, copy one table from it and paste the data into a different table in another copy of the same form

The table with the data in it is 4 columns wide but may have any number of rows in it. Row 2 onwards needs to be copied across

The table for the data to be pasted into is 6 columns wide and may not have enough rows to accommodate the pasted data so would need some sort of error trapping to pick up that it needs extra rows adding before pasting.

Data should be pasted into row 2 onwards and should sit within the first 4 columns of the receiving table. The idea is then the user fills in column 5 and 6 adding comments about the data they have pasted in

If any extra cells are needed to fit the incoming data they should have form fields in columns 5 and 6 too for entering the comments above

Phew...hope this makes sense

My experience of this kind of thing is limited to modifying other people's VB code/macros to add some functionality myself. This is a bit beyond me!

See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.