Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Word Forms Formatting

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Heidi 
#1 ·
I have a form which my customers use to request samples from me but when it comes through, the info order is mixed up (not garbled -- just not in the order of the original format). I contacted my server because I thought it might be a CGI conflict. They suggested I rewrite it through Word so that it was compatible with Microsoft Outlook which is my e-mail system. It didn't work!! Why is this happening? Does anyone have any suggestions?

#2 ·
You know, I can think of a million questions to ask you, but I think it would just be easier to ask you to email me a copy of your form. Send to techsupportgirl@home.com. I'm very good with forms so I don't think you'll be wasting your time.

Off the top of my head it sounds like you are not protecting your form, or the users are unprotecting it.

#3 ·
Okay, thanks for sending the stuff. First of all, making a form in Word doesn't make it "compatible" with Outlook. Outlook has their own forms and this may be helpful to you. The only thing I could think of was that, in Word, when you create forms, it gives numbers to each formfield, such as text1, text2, but these are gone when you save to html. My husband says that the html looks like any other form, and he believes it has something to do with CGI. Then, I showed him your question. So, we both think it's the server end...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.