1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

word freezing when trying to open or save document

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by michturn, Apr 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. michturn

michturn Thread Starter

Hi.

While trying to save a document or open on in word, it just freezes and says it is not responding. I had a trial version of word so I bought microsoft office and reinstalled it, and all my other office programs work except for word. I have run a virus check and have no viruses.

I have windows 7

I have read a few threads on what people have recommened, but don't quite understand what they are saying.
    Please can someone help.

2. EBSchrader

EBSchrader

Did you completely uninstall the trial version of Word? That could really mess you up with the new program.

3. michturn

michturn Thread Starter

My trial version of word stopped working which is why I bought the new version. And yes I did uninstall the trial version of work.

4. EBSchrader

EBSchrader

Has your new version of Word ever worked at all? Or is it a new and/or intermittent problem?

5. michturn

michturn Thread Starter

No my new version of word has never worked. It presented the same problems I had with my trial version

6. EBSchrader

EBSchrader

Aha! You hadn't previously mentioned that the trial version didn't work, either. What exactly was the problem with the trial version?

7. michturn

michturn Thread Starter

Sorry about that!

My trial version wouldn't let me open or save any documents. So I ran virus checks and when they didn't come up with anything I thought it was just the program. So I bought mircosoft office, only to find that word still had the exact same problem.

To clarify, my trial version and my new version are presenting with the exact same problem, they will not open or save any documents. Everytime I try it says that word is not responding.

Thanks for your help :)

8. EBSchrader

EBSchrader

I would suggest that you contact Tech Support at MS (if you haven't already done so), because this sounds like something they should be able to fix for you.

9. sacatech

sacatech

Yes, MS team will help you online at free. Just try and let us know what is solution on this type of error.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/918849

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice