1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Word in office 2000 issue

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by fgirard, Sep 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. fgirard

fgirard Thread Starter

hi

hope someone can help me !!!

on my network everyone use office 2000.
    For some reason my secretary's word program seems acting a little bit strange.
    the thing is that she TYPE really fast and every time the word program does an autosave of her document and keep typing, it seems like the cursor leaves the page and type for nothing.

She has to click back in the window to be able to type where it left when the auto save did his job....

what could possibly fix this thing...

PS i already did all the office and windows updates
    we are using windows 2000 also

2. jbcalg

jbcalg

afaik - typical behaviour - word is making a save of the document, so it won't let you add to the document during a save

3. Bruce319

Bruce319

You can turn off the autosave feature and ask her to save her work every five minutes manually.

4. CastleHeart

CastleHeart

....and you will find that in: TOOLS/OPTIONS/SAVE

and either turn it off or adjust the minutes to your liking.

- C
    ;)

5. fgirard

fgirard Thread Starter

well i did try all that and like i told you we are in a company.. so we cannot really take the chance to let the user save by themself their word or excel document.... thats why i havent removed the auto saved...

Still thank you for the help .. if you have any other ideas let me know.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/166650

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice