1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

word into works??

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by willp68, Sep 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. willp68

willp68 Thread Starter

Hello,

This is my first time here. I'm sure someone has asked my question before but I can't find it..

I have just purchased a new ACER PC. This of course comes with Vista.

My question:

I have tons of archieved documents that have been created in "Word"..I have them on CDs.
    I see that Word is not part of Vista? Is this even reasonable?

How can I load those docs into my new computer and read and use them??

2. slurpee55

slurpee55

Word is part of the Office Suite of programs, and, yes, it is reasonable for it not to be included.
    WordPad, which comes with the OS will open and read documents, but it is not very good. If you don't want to buy Office, get Open Office, which is free and does nearly everything that Microsoft Office will do.
    Oh, and don't even bother with Works...terrible program.

3. willp68

willp68 Thread Starter

Thank you..

I guess I didn't really think it was reasonable for MS to make a whole new generation of systems (Vista) and not include the program that has been the backbone of most businesses..
    Word

Actually I thought that the docs would be compatable with works and that I was doing something wrong.

I will try open office and I thank you again..:)

4. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

The Microsoft Office suite, including Word, has never been included with any version of Windows. It has always been a separate product. You may have simply purchased it with your previous computer.

5. willp68

willp68 Thread Starter

Woops! Yes I now remember buying Office 2000 for my old rig..(looking for red face smiley)

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/748070

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice