1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Word keeps converting email

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by insyncone, Feb 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. insyncone

insyncone Thread Starter

My XP system w/outlook keeps changing my email Word documents to WordPad which causes me to lose the original format of the document sent. How do I stop that?
    Thanks for any help from a newbie.

2. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    Word doesn't "convert" without being asked to. Open Word. Hit the File-->Open menu. At the bottom, does it say "recover text from any file"? Make sure it says "All documents". If it doesn't say "recover...", then go to Tools-->Options, Save tab. Make sure Word isn't set to save as some other file type. Make sure it says Word (your version) document. If your DOC files are opening in WordPad INSTEAD of Word, then it's a file association problem. See: http://www.officearticles.com/misc/files_dont_open_when_double-clicked_in_microsoft_office.htm

3. insyncone

insyncone Thread Starter

Hi Anne,

Thanks so much for your help! I was able to resolve the problem thanks to your link.

Best regards,
    Steve

4. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    Cool beans. :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/542206

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice