Word keeps converting email

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

insyncone

My XP system w/outlook keeps changing my email Word documents to WordPad which causes me to lose the original format of the document sent. How do I stop that?
Thanks for any help from a newbie.

Anne Troy

Anne
Word doesn't "convert" without being asked to. Open Word. Hit the File-->Open menu. At the bottom, does it say "recover text from any file"? Make sure it says "All documents". If it doesn't say "recover...", then go to Tools-->Options, Save tab. Make sure Word isn't set to save as some other file type. Make sure it says Word (your version) document. If your DOC files are opening in WordPad INSTEAD of Word, then it's a file association problem. See: http://www.officearticles.com/misc/files_dont_open_when_double-clicked_in_microsoft_office.htm

insyncone

Hi Anne,

Thanks so much for your help! I was able to resolve the problem thanks to your link.

Best regards,
Steve

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online