1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Word -- Lock some fields, allow entry in others

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by MarieDesi, May 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. MarieDesi

MarieDesi Thread Starter

The State of Florida is using an MS Word Document as a test document that can have answers placed in it. Some "Computer expert" unlocked it so that everything moved with 'tab', or 'space' or 'answer' entry. How are the fields supposed to be designed so you can Lock some fields (questions), but allow entry in others(your answers)?

How can anyone change that function in a state form?

2. Vizier

Vizier Banned

Bump - anyone have info on this? Is there a better place to post questions of this nature?

3. MarieDesi

MarieDesi Thread Starter

Thanks for at least reading this Vizier! They'll just have to correct my 'test' manually! it was the Dell Tech who must have done it!
    Marie

4. jimr381

jimr381

First Name:
    Jim
    Welcome to the forum. You two are up late. ;)

Right-click on a toolbar and select "Forms" from here click on the padlock button and try out your form again to see if it works. If you do not want it to be affected again then you will want to go to "Tools">>"Protect Document" and password protect the locking as well.

5. MarieDesi

MarieDesi Thread Starter

Well Jim, You don't seem so 'little' experienced to me! It makes sense, but I don't have the form or Word on my home PC. The State office's tech guy didn't know this! So I'll have to copy & paste your response & send it off to them.
    Thanks, MarieDesi

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/714258

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice