1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Word macro to format plain text using HTML tags

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Inspirement, Oct 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inspirement

Inspirement Thread Starter

Hello.

I haven't worked with Word scripts before and don't really know if this is possible, but from what I've read it should be.

Basically, I use a plain text editor when I write on my phone on the go, where I use HTML tags to indicate formatting like this:

Normal text <i>text I want italic,</i> some more normal text

Is it possible to create a script that makes words between <i> tags italic and then remove the tags? (same for <b> for bold and <u> for underlined text) and how would I record or write one?

And also, can I use one to remove blank lines?

I use Word 2010

2. Keebellah

Keebellah Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Hans
    I imagine you could write a macro to that checks this and does the appropriate action.

You will however have to establich the codes you will be using.

I don't know if there will be a conflict when you open word and depending upon the layout <i> might be interpreted before the macor runs, but I think it's a aquestion of trial and error,

<i> </i>
    <b> </b>
    <u> </u>
    <rmv> </rmv>
    etc...

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1022184

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice