1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Word macro to insert new rows and columns into a table

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by jdwilks, Oct 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jdwilks

jdwilks Thread Starter

In my work environment we are writing test cases and for the test steps we use a word table. Its the same 4 columns so we can load them into the Quality Center environment. One issue we had was our review tool doesn't support word but does text documents. The format of the table was kind of messy when we saved as a text document in the sense it would lump all the stuff together with no clean breaks. As a solution people making every other row and column blank so there would be a break in the text format. Once the review was complete you would have to then go back into that word doc and delete all the blank rows and columns to load into Quality Center. Not hard but time consuming with the number of test we would deal with. I wrote a quick macro that would delete the header in the table plus all the blank rows and columns.

Now what we have is we are re using these test and adding to them. Currently we are pulling them out of quality center, adding the blank rows and columns back in, adding our updates, sending back out for review, deleting the blank rows and columns (macro does this), load back into Quality Center.

There may be a better way to go about this but what I am after is this. A macro that will insert a blank row and column every other row and column. I have been off and on playing with this for a few days but really have gotten no where with it. Posted on a few non technical forum and they suggested posting on this site for some help. I tried searching and didn't come up with anything like my scenario so hopefully not asking something previously asked

Thanks

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1110148

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice