1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Word: Mailmerge Letter Contents Based on Field Value

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by DKTaber, Nov 23, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. DKTaber

DKTaber Thread Starter

How does one create a mail merge document that will print only certain paragraphs or sentences based on data in each record? For example, a mail merge document where you wanted the first paragraph to be one thing if [fieldx] is "yes" and something else entirely if [fieldx] is "no"?

2. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
  3. DKTaber

DKTaber Thread Starter

4. DKTaber

DKTaber Thread Starter

Dreamboat: This article was good, but elementary. What it did is alert me to the fact that there are apparently a whole raft of codes and switches available for mergefields. For example, in the article, Dave Rado casually mentions the {INCLUDETEXT} command, which I didn't know existed. You can find information on that command in Help...but only if you know it exists (by asking for "Includetext"). Where does one find a FULL listing of all the commands and switches available for MS Word mergefields? I tried the MSKB, but no luck.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/59415

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice