Word: Mailmerge Letter Contents Based on Field Value

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

DKTaber

How does one create a mail merge document that will print only certain paragraphs or sentences based on data in each record? For example, a mail merge document where you wanted the first paragraph to be one thing if [fieldx] is "yes" and something else entirely if [fieldx] is "no"?

DKTaber

Originally posted by Dreamboat
Check here, Don:

http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/MMergeIfFields.htm
Dreamboat: This article was good, but elementary. What it did is alert me to the fact that there are apparently a whole raft of codes and switches available for mergefields. For example, in the article, Dave Rado casually mentions the {INCLUDETEXT} command, which I didn't know existed. You can find information on that command in Help...but only if you know it exists (by asking for "Includetext"). Where does one find a FULL listing of all the commands and switches available for MS Word mergefields? I tried the MSKB, but no luck.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online