1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Word - Margins are Waaay Off!!

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by njgirlonline, Dec 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. njgirlonline

njgirlonline Thread Starter

I'm using Windows XP and Office 2000.

When doing a document I set my margins to 1'' left and right. When I print I get an error message saying:

"the margins are outside of the printable area." The prompt asks if I want to
    fix or ignore.

No matter what I choose the document prints with everything shifted about 2.5" to the left with the first 4 letters of each line cut off.

In set up I set my margins to a defalt of 1" for all 4 margins. However, when I exit setup the margins go back to reading something totally different.

I am using an HP all in one printer. Could therer be an incompatability problem?

2. jrom727

jrom727

Hiya njgirlonline! :)

I dont think there is any compatability problem.

This issue is the exact prob of my bro.

On the Page Set Up Screen, go to the Paper tab and make sure Paper size is set to "Letter".
    Click Apply then go to the Margins tab, set the margin to default again or any margin setting you want it to be set.

3. daddyhominum

daddyhominum

When setting up in Word, I usually go File>page setup first, second to Format> Font, third to Format>paragraph incl clearing all tabs. If I have many pages to do, I will click default to make my choices applicable for the next page but I check the settings for all the foregoing on each page.

Then, I set up the printer options.

I still make lots of mistakes .

D

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/427063

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice