1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Word Merge Problem

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by maylily, Sep 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maylily

maylily Thread Starter

Hi, all. I have been working on a fairly complicated (for me) merge into Word. The data will print onto a pre-printed form and there are exact spots where things need to go. I have set it up in a table and, for the first few, it runs fine and everything is lined up accurately. On some, though, the table "jumps up" about half a cell or so and throws everything off. It continues this way for one or two and then goes back to its correct positioning. So, for example, the first through 4th records are formatted correctly but the fifth record is too high on the page and the sixth record is too high (but closer to normal) then the seventh record is accurate again. It might not happen again until the seventeenth record and might go for three or four.

I've tried setting specific cell heights, checked and unchecked the "allow row to break across pages" box, etc. Any other suggestions? It is extremely important that this merge works.

I can post a sample but, for the data, it will require a day or two to dummy some up. I am creating this in Word 2007 but, at least for a few months, it will also be used by Word 2003. The file has been saved in compatibility format.

Anyone have some suggestions?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/754483

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice