Word Perfect Files not opening

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

genieboy

This post was entered in 2007. I am having exactly the same problem and also have a dell computer, but I never saw a resolution. Any comments.

I have copied the previous post below:

I have an Ethernet connected home network involving two computers both running Windows XP Home Edition and WordPerfect. The network works well for sharing the Internet and printers, and well in most cases for file sharing. We have no problem sharing pictures and most other files. The exception is WordPerfect files. Both computers run WordPerfect. The oddity is that some WP files open OK, whereas others don't. On those that don't, we get the popup message:" WordPerfect: Either this document is in use or is specified as READ ONLY . You may edit the document , but you must save it with a new name. Continus? YES or NO". (In reality, the documents were neither in use nor were they specified READ ONLY the last time I tried to open them) If I say YES, I then get another popup saying "WordPerfect: Access denied. You do not have rights to do this". We have checked repeatedly to make sure that file sharing settings are correct as we understand them.

I would greatly appreciate any suggestions you may have. addnovice :)

On those that don't, we get the popup message:" WordPerfect: Either this document is in use or is specified as READ ONLY . You may edit the document , but you must save it with a new name. Continue? YES or NO". (In reality, the documents were neither in use nor were they specified READ ONLY the last time I tried to open them) If I say YES, I then get another popup saying "WordPerfect: Access denied. You do not have rights to do this". We have checked repeatedly to make sure that file sharing settings are correct as we understand them.
I periodicaly get the first message, but have never had the second. I don't use a network. When you get the second message shut down one computer and try again.

You might try putting your problem (include your version) on the WP forum at http://www.wpuniverse.com/vb/

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online