1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Word problem leads to Outlook Nightmare

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by AoN, Jul 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AoN

AoN Thread Starter

Hi,

I tried to open a Word document (that I had created some time ago......it has 'copy and pasted' material in it from a website....but I have opened it before) and it caused instability in Word, would not open (despite several attempts) and seemed to upset my computer. In the end I shut my computer down and re-started.......this took a long, long time as it didn't seem to want to start, but eventually did.

I tried the Word document again, but a message came up telling me that last time I tried this it caused a serious problem.....did I want to try again?...I said no. I would like to open this document, but am fearful of trying again.

However, of much more concern, when I went to Outlook Express I have found to my horror that all the messages in my Inbox have gone (major problem...11,000 e-mails) and all the Deleted Items also (not a problem). As far as I can tell, all my filed e-mails (many) and my sent items (6,000) are still there........very confusing?!

Hopefully I have a back-up of my data (from a few weeks ago) on an external drive, but I have no idea how to get the Inbox file converted to e-mails and back into Outlook......without risking the ones already there.

Can you please help (and perhaps cast light on how the Word problem has had such a major effect on Outlook)?

Thanks,

AoN

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/487029

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice