1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Word Problem

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by GUSMAN, Feb 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. GUSMAN

GUSMAN Thread Starter

Hi

We have a word document on a computer that crashes word everytime you alter it and close it.

We have backed up the files and installed them on a brand new computer and it crashes word on there too. On any other pc in our department there is no problem altering it and closing it.

We dont understand why ?

Cheers

Gus

2. Xperience

Xperience

Does the document include any macros? For security, i would believe that a Department would disable the running of macros. Maybe those computers arent and maybe if it does contain a macro, it might be corrupt.

3. GUSMAN

GUSMAN Thread Starter

Hi

No its just a plain word document. we can all access it through our network and when we upload it to our pc's and alter/save it theres no problems.
    We thought that because the whole backed up folder is on the new pc it could be that so I uploaded it to my machine, opened the document alter/save and no problems.
    its only on the other pc but it's brand new and was only buit today. This was happening on the ladies other pc so we built the new one as a result and transfered the documents over. But the problem is still there?
    Gus

4. Farmgirl22

Farmgirl22

I don't know how your security system works, but does the woman who has that file actually have the required password, etc. to access the file? Some files are saved a certain way so that certain people can't alter them...have you made sure she didn't actually lock herself out of it?

Hope that helps...sometimes it's the simple things that are easily overlooked that are wrong.;)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/544238

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice