1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Word Problems...

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by L33tm4st3r, Nov 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. L33tm4st3r

L33tm4st3r Thread Starter

Hey there!
    Its probably a question you hear all the time, but I was rummaging through my old files last week and found a bunch of Journal entries I had typed up a few years ago. They're all in .wps format, and I can't open them with Word, Works, or Open Office. I need some help here, cause I remember them having some prudent information in them that I need to recover. Thanks a lot!

2. cady99

cady99

Not sure why they wouldn't open with any fo those programs. My favorite "rescue" is selecting "Recover text from any file" in the "Files of Type" -- you'll get some of the embedded codes, etc., but I'm usually able to recover the unformatted text. Don't save it back though, because that information will become part of the document which you may be able to open through some other means later. Copy your text to another blank doc and save as another name.

3. slurpee55

slurpee55

Given that they are in .wps format, they are Works word processing document. NotePad should open them badly, but Works should open them.
    However, to try and open them in Word, go to this link:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315757/en
    You will need a Works converter for Word - probably WP6RTF.EXE

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/649407

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice