Word ruler units - how to change

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

eugeneg

In Word 2003 I have a horizontal ruler. I can go to Tools, Options..., General, and change the measurement units, but that does not let me move a tab marker to any place on the ruler by dragging it. The tab marker wants to jump in units of about 25mm, but I want to drag a marker in increments of much less than that. How please ?
EG

cwwozniak

Chuck
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Double click in the ruler and a Tabs dialog box should open. You can then edit the default tab stops spacing.

eugeneg

That brings up the wrong box, but Format, Tabs... does do just what I wanted. Thanks.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online