Word Spell Check Turned Off

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Cibolo-Jack

We are editing a document created by another user and Spell Check is not finding mis-spelled words. Hitting F7 jumps directly to Grammar checking. Under Tools/Options/Grammar and Spelling checking 'check spelling as you type' has no effect.

This behavior is only exhibited in this one document and it travels with the document.

Attachments

Hi,

You can recheck the document

In Word

Tools
Options
Spelling and grammar

Click on the check document button

This will recheck the document.

hth

Ceri

Cibolo-Jack

that didn't work for me, did you look at the attached document, did i work for you?

I've been pulling my hair out for 3 days over a 100+ page plan that wouldn't spell check. I was going to post a question tonight, but thought I would do a quick search first. Lo and behold, you had the answer right at your fingertips and it worked perfectly. I have no idea how you are able to retain this much incredibly arcane information about the proclivities of our favorite office suite, but I bow in your presence. Thanks.

Anne Troy

Anne
ROFL!! Stop grovelling!
My goal is to get 1,000 articles up there before I even THINK about slowing down. Please... you can help me too. If you find something out that was "beyond the help files" or the help files sucked ('cause they really do now!!), then send in the "suggest an article" form over there. I'd consider it a huge, huge favor!

See, I wrote that article for Jack last night. BUT, I knew others could benefit, too. Those are exactly the kinds of articles I'm trying to put up over there. :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online