Word Symbol/Keyboard shortcut

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

HappyWarlock

Is there a way to reset all of the keyboard shortcuts for the synbols in the "Symbol box" from the insert menu in Word?

First Name
Anne
Hmmm. Not sure what you mean, specifically, but try this anyway. I doubt it will hurt!

Tools-customize.
Commands tab.
Choose Insert on th left and InsertSymbol on the right and hit the RESET ALL button.

HappyWarlock

When I type the letter “m,j or f” followed by pressing the “space bar” I get a "phi" symbol.

The "space bar" short cut isn’t indicated for the "phi" symbol in the symbol box.

Please see the attachment.

Attachments

First Name
Anne
Oh!!

Methinks you have autocorrect entries that you want to get rid of. Go to Tools-Autocorrect, and look through the list for weirdos and delete them.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online