1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Word Template

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by RHurlburt, Jul 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RHurlburt

RHurlburt Thread Starter

I have created a MSWord Template, using MS Office Word 2003. I have established header and footer. In the footer, using "auto text", want to create the "filename". Once the header/footer info is set up, I save the template to be used later, However, when I open the template, the "Document1" or whatever the document number is, appears in the footer as the filename. I have tried to save the document with the name I want, but it remains as "Document1" (or whatever). It doesn't capture the filename on save.

What do I need to do?

Thanks.

2. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    Does it update after you do a print preview? The following are methods of updating fields:
    • Ctrl+A, then F9
    • Print Preview
    • Print

3. RHurlburt

RHurlburt Thread Starter

Interesting. If I save and close, it retains the "Document2" id. I open it and there is the "Document2", but if I do the Print Preview as you suggest, it has the file name.. It also prints with the file name and changes the document footer.

So, reckon we can mark this one closed. I just have to remember to do the Print Preview and/or know that it will correct when I print the document.

Thank you very much.

Richard

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/249210

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice