1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Word template

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by msfroggie, Jan 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. msfroggie

msfroggie Thread Starter

Hi all!
    My daughter saved a document in Microsoft Word. Now whenever I open a new blank document her science report comes up as my blank template. She doesn't know what she did and I don't know how to undo this. I've tried deleting the text and saving it as a new document template but to no avail. That dang report is haunting me whenever I need a blank new document. Can anyone help, PLEASE?
    Thanks!
    Ms. Froggie

2. Augie65

Augie65

Unless you want to keep it, the easiest way would be to delete the template. You didn't say what your operating system is, but should work in all. Go to search and in search files and folders> type: normal.dot this is the word template. Just delete it and Word will create a new one when it is opened. You can save the deleted template in the recycle bin and if you want to restore it, just open the recycle bin and restore the file.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/437822

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice