1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Word & the decimal tab

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by wrqn, Jul 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. wrqn

wrqn Thread Starter

I'm trying to set up a decimal tab inside one cell in a table and it is completely baffling me as to why I can't make it work! Table is aligned top left, font is aligned left, I did find out that decimal tabs will also apply to colons for some reason?? So I removed the colons and tried doing it without - as you can see, still a problem, with or without. I want the font to be left aligned on the left side of the cell, and the numbers to be tab aligned to the right. How do I get this to work? OS is Windows 10, using subscription version of Office.

Attached Files:

2. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    Have you set the cell to be "Numbers"

3. wrqn

wrqn Thread Starter

In Word? Is that a thing?

4. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    Sorry, I misread, and was thinking Excel.
    Try and make the text within the table cell right justified.

5. wrqn

wrqn Thread Starter

Oh good, thought I was completely blind as I couldn't find a way to do that - wouldn't be the first time! :) Unfortunately right justified doesn't work either - screenshot of the result attached.

Attached Files:

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1230253

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice