Word wont work

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

honda1

When I go into Word, its seems to open but once I get into it, it loads this installer and says "the feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable". Ive re-installed it and it still does the same, It wont let me put on office xp. or Word 2000.Not even office 97. What ever office i install, when I go to word it will load office word 2000 and give me the above message.
Ive went into the registry and deleted everything associated with office and it stil wont let me upgrade to xp. Could someone please help as I am all out of ideas.

Thanks

Hi,

Try the generic fix for numerous MS Word problems

Ensure Windows Explorer is set to find all files

Then do a search for and delete all copies of the MS Word template file

normal.dot

OK out, reboot , although not strictly necessary and restart MS Word which will recreate the template file.

hth

Ceri

Anne Troy

Anne
honda: go to the tips and tricks area and look for my post on manually removing MS Office.

Do that, then reinstall.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online