Word Wrap

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

buf

I have a savvy computer friend and sometimes her emails do not wrap. Her emails are the only ones, among many other contacts that I receive mail from, that are subject to not wrapping. She tried several settings on her end and her emails still failed to wrap every time. She said that I am the only one who complains about this. I believe she uses Yahoo and I use a web mail account. Is there a simple answer? And as usual, TIA

A) It would be important to be sure what email/email programs she uses. Settings would be different for each, if they exist.

B) Far as I know, Yahoo! doesn't have actual word wrap settings.

Does she type all the way to the end of the compose editor? If she hits Enter before reaching the end, naturally word wrap won't kick in.

sekirt

buf

I have been in touch with her and she only uses Yahoo if someone emails her using Yahoo.
A c/p of her reply follows (of interest to note is that her email failed to wrap again. In the c/p, the word--it's--at the beginning of the beginning of the 3rd sentence was the beginning of the 2nd sentence in her email. All words appearing before--it's-- was one long line!! She had written 1 long line at the beginning of her email that is unimportant and so I did not c/p it.)

For all my POP3 accounts, including the xxxxxx address that you write to, I use the mail program that's built into the Mozilla suite. Did you tell him that you're using webmail? It's probably the particular combination of what I'm writing with and you're reading with, since neither of us has any problems with any other correspondents.

I keep typing to the end of the composition window unless I'm at the end of a paragraph, like anyone else. I'm not doing this on a typewriter. :)

Thank you for your reply and with the above info, does this give you further insight to the possible problem?

For all my POP3 accounts, including the xxxxxx address that you write to, I use the mail program that's built into the Mozilla suite.
So then she actually uses Mozilla? If that is true, someone else that knows the Mozilla will have to answer.

Is there a chance that your web email account has some option for word wrap?

I have no explanation for 1 particular long sentence. Normally what I have seen is a "zig-zag" effect. Where a sentence doesn't wrap correctly and half the sentence shows up on the next line - then rather than the next sentence picking up at the end of the first, it starts on a new line of its own.

sekirt

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online