1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Word XP2002 problem

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by ijusth, Jan 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ijusth

ijusth Thread Starter

somehow suddenly when I open any document into word I get a message insufficient memory or diskspace to load fonts (or something like that) and it happens even if I do a cut and paste. What appears is junk that looks kind of like a string of tildes (the upper character to the left of the number one on the top row of the keyboard). Any idea what happened and more importantly how to fix it?

2. angel

angel

Just to clarify, does this happen only when you open Word and create new document or when you open existing documents also?

3. ijusth

ijusth Thread Starter

open existing or when I cut and paste into a new document

4. joel33

joel33

I know this will sound weird, but I got a similar message when I was trying to add addresses to an outlook express address book. I had plenty of memory and hard drive space. I did a defrag and the messages stopped and I could continue to add addresses. Assuming you haven't used up your hard drive space, give it a try--defrag the drive. Jex

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/322658

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice