1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Word2K Custom.DIC -- Italics??

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Gary R, Feb 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Gary R

Gary R Thread Starter

Is it possible in the custom Dictionary to make it so a particular word or words would automatically show up in Italics?

In .doc file I'm working on there are some words that are used only in Italics to name a particular thing.

--------
    Windows 98SE; Word 2000 (SR-1); IE 5.50

2. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    No.

The dictionary is for spelling, not formatting. If you want to auto-format certain words, use the autotext feature.

Try this:

Type "MyWord".
    Select the text.
    Format it.
    Select it again.
    Hit Insert-->Autotext-->New.

Or, just use Find/Replace.

3. Gary R

Gary R Thread Starter

Ok, will give it a try.

The italic format will work with any font thats used in Word2000 .doc file then? For example, if text is in "Bookman Old Style" (which I find much easier to read than "Times New Roman") and I decide to put the italicized word in Times Roman, then no matter what other font & size I used, it would always be in Times Roman until I changed it, and rest of text would be in what ever font style I was using, say, Arial or Bookman Old Style, or Courier then?

4. Gary R

Gary R Thread Starter

Hm.... tried "Autotext" and up to a point, it works: problem being if, say i type cloud-like with only the word cloud being wanted italicized, it comes out as cloud-like instead of cloud-like.

And all words after cloud-like are italicized.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/541936

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice