1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Wordpad - How do I stop it changing margins in all documents?

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by hazlet, Dec 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hazlet

hazlet Thread Starter

Help please!
    I have just started using wordpad & have come across a problem. If I change the margins on a document & save it, the margins are changed on all my previous wordpad documents.
    Has anybody else come across this & is there a way to stop it?
    I use Windows Vista.

2. letchworth

letchworth

Looking at your problem from another angle- I would recommend using OpenOffice- a FREE office suite that includes a word processor, spreadsheet, data base, presentation program as well as other office related programs. It will read and create files compatible with Microsoft Office, as well as many other files types.

This will solve your margins problem and give you a whole lot of additional features. Not only is the program free, but all updates are free and will be in the future.
    http://www.openoffice.org/

letchworth

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!